Well, I have to go back to Boston earlier than planned. I have discovered another very strange looking mole on my side. It is still quite small but raised and starting to scale. The Melanoma Center at MGH wanted to book me an appointment for today but I just couldn’t get the time off, having to take time off on Wednesday and Thursday for the boys. So, I will head up next Friday the 17th. Hopefully, they will take it off, send it to Pathology and it will come back clear and we can focus on preventative measures. The thought of another surgery so soon does not really appeal to me.
Bubba and I are still dealing with some supply issues but I have decided to try and wean some of the daytime feedings in preparation for treatment. I was hoping to wean him onto coconut milk instead of cow’s milk but the store we visited last night didn’t have any in stock. This weekend I will have to make a trip to Trader Joe’s and see if they have some. This morning Bubba had some oatmeal for breakfast and seemed to do really well. I gave him a sippy of part formula, part organic milk but he played with it more than drinking it. I guess these things take time. Hopefully he will take to the coconut milk a little quicker since it has a sweeter taste. I never liked cow’s milk as a kid and I still find it very strange to drink the milk that belongs to another creature’s baby. I would love to be able to keep the night feedings as long as he still needs them but I’m not sure how my supply is gonna hold up. I am also continuing to pump at least twice while at work so he will have breast milk for the next day at school. I am hoping I will get another month or so to be able to breastfeed but think I am finally emotionally ready to stop if I have to without feeling too guilty.